Sunday 3 January 2010

Dallas Blog

Okay, I know this is a long time ago, and most of you probably have read it.. But I'm gonna post it anyways for those of you that havent.. This is a blog written by Dallas Austin, one of the persons McFly worked on some songs with.. They even met up with Elton John!



"12.08.09

Last night I had dinner with Elton John at his Atlanta home and his place is AMAZING.


12.10.09

Well, I’m awake now. Wheeew, long night! I had the most amazing session last night; well, this morning, considering I went to bed at 10am. Me & the guys from MCFLYD (I added a ‘D’ because I am the newest member, D.) We have made some fuckin’ amazing music this week! It is so good to be in the studio with talented musicians as well as a group of really close friends. The spirit of creativity can only prevail at its greatest when everyone allows it, and that’s what we did!! If you haven’t seen MCFLY on YouTube, you should take a look. It’s funny.


The first night they arrived, I was supposed to go to dinner with ELTON JOHN. Well, I had to cancel because of my session with the guys but when Elton found out, he said, “Bring the guys! I would love to meet them!” Of course the guys were ecstatic, so we went to the lobster bar and come to find out, they are from the same town in England that Elton is from! We hit it off all so well that I asked Elton if we could come see his AMAZING SUPER Atlanta art collection which contains a lot of TODD MURPHY art (my friend and favorite artist which Elton owns about 50 TODD MURPHY’S). He said sure, let’s do Mexican night. So we did. My good friend Farshid invited Ed Roland and Danny from REHAB so now we have an universal click and together can experience some of the most amazing pictures and art pieces ever! The tour guide is none other than ELTON – FUCKIN AMAZING!


Here’s a few pics from our wild sessions at the studio and at Elton’s. I’m pissed now because my man, DOUGIE – yes, DOUGIE is dating a girl named FRANKIE from a group called the SATURDAY’S. She’s been out with a guy from JLS while he’s been in the A and its been in the press in the UK. I just hate to see a friend disrespected. Other than that, short of DANNY setting his pubes on fire or THOMAS stealing one of my shoes, you guys have the story of how I became “MCFLYD” Look out for this album!"


You can read it here.
(you can also see the pics he mentioned in the blog there)

No comments: