Tuesday 5 January 2010

Atlanta report on McFly


That’s right. McFly, who have had countless singles charted on the Top 40, many awards given to them for their music, and were even featured in that god-awful movie with Lindsay Lohan(At least they were good in it!), just made a trip all the way to Atlanta.

They left from Spain in the first couple days in December, took a flight to London, and arrived in Atlanta on the third. The boys were all surprised when they found fans waiting for them at the airport, according to them, they did not know they had fans over here. At least not fanatic ones that would meet them at the airport.

Apparently they do not know that they are considered extremely attractive and shagworthy amongst American teens as well as international teens.

Tom Fletcher, Danny Jones, and Dougie Poynter were the only ones to come abroad. Harry Judd, the last of the infamous four, was in England creating Oasis, a place for kids with terminal illnesses to forget the bad times and find only the good.

Fortunately for me, I have been waiting more than four years for them to come here. I even started a petition with over seven hundred signatures just so they would play and perhaps I could get a backstage pass. Who would’ve thought that roughly four years later they would be just five minutes away from where I go to college.


As soon as I heard about the boys coming to Atlanta, I divulged a plan. On Tom’s twitter, he had posted about his hotel, “Hotel here is awesome. A 12ft Christmas tree, a fire place, a tropical fish tank, 7 swans are swimming, 6 geese are laying…”.

This may seem like a tiny insignificant little detail on the road to finding where they were staying, but for me and my now-excited roommate, Sarah, we were determined.

We phoned plenty of hotels in the area, asking about all of the above, and plenty had trees, but no tropical fish tanks could be found. (I know- we were full-fledged stalkers. But this is my favorite band, and a once in a lifetime opportunity!)

Long story short, we found the hotel, saw them leaving for an appointment, told them we would wait, waited for over five hours, went home, may I add, deeply disappointed. We went back on Sunday, two days later, and from there, you will just have to watch what happened. I documented our journey of stalking McFly into a youtube video called ‘Where’s McFly’. I will post the second part at the end of this article since I have already updated you on the first.

The members of McFly were the most humble people I have ever met. They were really nice, caring, and funny as well. I hope they come back soon, as I will do anything I can to see them again. Roundtrip ticket to London, Mom? I can only hope.

The boys tweeted many times that they loved their experience in Atlanta, since it was only for writing new songs, and hope to come back soon. Why Atlanta? Maybe the two or more dinners they had with Elton John and the recording with Dallas Austin. Who knows, but I’m definitely happy they decided to come.



Tom even tweeted about us after we met him: “So tired! Sitting in the bar at the hotel having some coffee…met some lovely fans who waited hours for us. We’ve got to tour America!”

So this is my way of saying, open yourself up to opportunity and go for it. You never know what sort of chances there will be. It could be your favorite band, celebrity, singer/songwriter, or something totally unrelated. All you have to remember is to just go for it.

Follow Tom on Twitter: www.twitter.com/tommcfly

Follow Danny on Twitter: www.twitter.com/dannymcfly

Follow Dougie on Twitter: www.twitter.com/dougiemcfly

Follow Harry on Twitter: www.twitter.com/mcflyharry

Where's McFly? Part 2:



You can read the article here.


Credit: Fizz Whizz Pop Rocks/Super Records

No comments: